Monday, April 12, 2010

I love spring!

The weather was in the high 70s this weekend and I said the heck with the housework and we spent the majority of the weekend outside. Saturday Ladybug, Hunter Boy, Town Girl (long-time friend of mine) and I were out and about running errands, stopped by the favorite park but couldn't find a parking space, and ended up at one of the local nature sanctuaries. I got some really great pics of the kids by the waterfalls and we had an excellent time on our walk through the trees in the shade.

Sunday we continued the outdoor theme by utilizing the Zoo membership and trekking the long route out to Africa and back. Hunter Boy held my hand as we walked and talked about the animals - I am so lucky that at almost 11 he still likes to hold my hand and is not afraid to give me hugs and kisses in public - Ladybug is already thinking that she is too old/grown up for that. We ended our day by grilling for the first time this year.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great time and how sweet that the boy will hold your hand! I heart him!

    ReplyDelete