Saturday, October 30, 2010

Crapadoodle - I forgot how COLD it gets here!!!

It has been cold, frigid, freezing here this past week - seriously the temp Friday morning was 23F.

I have rediscovered that I do NOT like the cold. It hasn't even snowed yet and I'm dreading the day the white stuff arrives and people here are talking about feet of the stuff, not inches like I'm used to but feet in the double-digits.

I admit, I like having a white Christmas, I'm just not so crazy about the idea of solid white from mid-November to mid-March or later.

Now, my parents who wanted to be closer to the kids and have me move back to help out, etc...are now talking about going to Arizona for the next 4 months. Yup, con me into moving back to help out through harvest and stuff and now bailing on me during the coldest, crappiest months of the year. Not that I blame them cuz if I could I would in a nanosecond and their house in Arizona is really really nice.

It is 2.5 miles from the garage to the highway...I now have to learn how to scoop snow (with a tractor not a shovel) and/or beg my neighbors to take pity on me.

Aunt Crazy, I need to move SOUTH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment