Saturday, October 30, 2010

the final good-bye

Dear Army Man,

The box arrived a week after you died and shook me to the core. I cried just looking at it, eager to open it yet afraid of what I would find inside. Your letter filled my heart with joy and then shattered it. Yes, I would have given us the second chance you asked for. The necklace, earrings and ring are beautiful, I wore them to your memorial service.

I received the last letter Thursday. Yes, I am angry, sad, and hurt...you were right about all those things. More than that I feel cheated - we had so much to look forward to. Your death hit me harder than I ever could have imagined and you have touched me in ways I can't put into words. Once the pain of losing you subsides I will try to do what you asked, you will be in my heart forever.

Love always,
Country Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment